It has been over a month now since we have eaten at an actual restaurant. And as much as I miss a perfectly cooked Atlantic salmon with a big old glass of wine, I’ve actually enjoyed cooking at home more.
Last Christmas I got an air fryer and boy it has been a GAME CHANGER. I’m a sucker for quick, easy meals and I love that I can throw chicken in for just 16 minutes and get a healthy, tasty meal.
One recipe I’ve been enjoying has been this coconut crusted chicken. With the addition of the sweet chili sauce, I just can’t get enough! If you’re looking for an easy recipe to make, I promise this one won’t disappoint!
Coconut Crusted Chicken + Sweet Chili Sauce
For coconut crusted chicken:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 chicken breasts
For sweet chili sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp siracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1. Turn air fryer on to 400 degrees.
2. Toss chicken in almond flour, then egg, then mixture of coconut and panko.
3. Spray oil into air fryer basket.
4. Place chicken in air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
5. Flip chicken and cook for another 8 minutes.
6. While chicken is cooking, mix honey, siracha sauce and red chili flakes together in a saucepan.
7. Heat until thin.