Last week I gave you guys my five ways to practice self-care. My #5 favorite way was to try a new recipe. There are tons of recipes out there, but this one is a must-try this week! If you’ve stocked up on canned goods, this is one recipe that will utilize them. Already gluten-free, full of protein and fiber and easily transformed into a vegan dessert, if needed!
Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs or 3 flax eggs (1 flax egg= 1 tablespoon flax, 3 tablespoons water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 8×8” baking pan.
- Put all ingredients into food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth, scraping sides of blender with spatula, if needed.
- Pour into pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5-10 minutes before finished, pull out of oven and top with additional chocolate chips.
- Cool before serving.
- Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
I’ve even set up a cost analysis for you guys to see how cheap this yummy treat can be!
|Ingredient:||Cost of item:||Cost for recipe:|
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe and practice some self-care this week! Check out my insta post for my other 5 favorite ways to practice self-care.